Adventus Mining is a unique public company focused on copper-gold project development and exploration in Ecuador. Adventus Mining also owns a portfolio of exploration projects in Ireland.
El Domo Copper-Gold Project with Curipamba District
Adventus Mining is advancing the El Domo project and greater 21,500 hectare (215 sq. km) Curipamba exploration district in central Ecuador. In 2021, Adventus Mining advanced El Domo development with infill and geotechnical drilling programs in conjunction with the completion of the feasibility study (see October 26, 2021 news release - link). The feasibility study included the first estimate of mineral reserves (open pit) and updated the total estimate of mineral resources (open pit & underground):
- Proven & Probable Mineral Reserves (open pit): 6.5 million tonnes at 1.93% Cu, 2.52 g/t Au, 46 g/t Ag, 2.49% Zn, 0.2% Pb
- Proven: 3.1 million tonnes at 2.50% Cu, 2.83 g/t Au, 41 g/t Ag, 2.30% Zn, 0.2% Pb
- Probable: 3.3 million tonnes at 1.39% Cu, 2.23 g/t Au, 50 g/t Ag, 2.67% Zn, 0.3% Pb
Underground Mineral Resources:
- Indicated: 1.9 million tonnes at 2.72% Cu, 1.37 g/t Au, 31 g/t Ag, 2.38% Zn, 0.14% Pb
- Inferred: 0.8 million tonnes at 2.31% Cu, 1.74 g/t Au, 29 g/t Ag, 2.68% Zn, 0.11% Pb
Total Measured & Indicated Mineral Resource (open pit & underground): 9.0 million tonnes at 2.11% Cu, 2.36 g/t Au, 45 g/t Ag, 2.59% Zn, 0.24% Pb
- Measured: 3.2 million tonnes at 2.61% Cu, 3.03 g/t Au, 45 g/t Ag, 2.50% Zn, 0.24% Pb
- Indicated: 5.7 million tonnes at 1.83% Cu, 1.98 g/t Au, 45 g/t Ag, 2.64% Zn, 0.24% Pb
- M+I: 9.0 million tonnes at 2.11% Cu, 2.36 g/t Au, 45 g/t Ag, 2.59% Zn, 0.24% Pb
- Inferred: 1.1 million tonnes at 1.72% Cu, 1.62 g/t Au, 32 g/t Ag, 2.18% Zn, 0.14% Pb
- Curipamba feasibility study results, including economic and technical parameters are summarized in the October 26, 2021 news release (link) and provided in detail in the NI 43-101 Technical Report filed on SEDAR on December 10, 2021 (link to SEDAR)
In addition, Adventus continues to explore at a set of undrilled greenfield targets on the greater Curipamba property supported by an airborne geophysical survey and extensive regional sampling program in recent years. In 2021, Adventus discovered a new VMS system approximately 4.5km southwest of the El Domo deposit (see August 9, 2021 news release on Agua Santa target - link).
With the completion of the Feasibility Study and satisfaction of earn-in requirements, Adventus announced it completed its earn-in option to obtain majority 75% ownership of the Curipamba project in late 2021 (see December 10, 2021 news release - link). In 2022, Adventus has begun detailed engineering and an early site works program while it is engaged with the Government of Ecuador on the environmental licensing process which includes the expected approval of the environmental and social impact assessment (ESIA) later this year.
Pijili & Santiago Projects in Exploration Alliance
In addition to Curipamba, Adventus has formed a country-wide exploration alliance with a respected Ecuadorian group which combines Adventus's financial and capital markets strength with the Salazar Resources team's history of exploration success and local know-how for new discoveries. The Adventus (80%) and Salazar (20%) joint venture has incorporated its first two greenfield projects to-date: Pijili and Santiago, both of which demonstrate potential for copper-gold porphyry and high grade epithermal vein systems. Adventus is leading drilling programs on these projects. Please refer to Pijili and Santiago project news releases throughout 2020 to 2021 (latest news update on December 7, 2021 - link).
Distinguished Strategic Shareholders
Adventus is uniquely backed by a group of globally respected investors, which includes Altius Minerals, Greenstone Resources, Wheaton Precious Metals, and the Nobis Group of Ecuador. As a publicly listed company on the TSX Venture exchange (symbol: ADZN) and traded on the OTCQX (symbol: ADVZF), Adventus is an opportunity to invest alongside sophisticated mining sector leaders in the discovery and growth potential of Ecuador.
Exploration Portfolio in Ireland & Equity Investments
Outside of Ecuador, Adventus owns one of the largest mineral concession portfolios in Ireland and established an earn-in funded venture with South32 Limited in 2020. In 2021, Adventus sold its strategic ownership stake in Canstar Resources Inc. (symbol: ROX - tsxv) to Mr. Eric Sprott for $6.5 million. Adventus continues to hold non-core equity investments in several junior companies.
The Adventus management team and board recognize the global scarcity of truly value-creating exploration and development projects. With its selectively acquired portfolio of projects and entrepreneurial work approach, Adventus is positioned to take advantage of the strong metals and mining market fundamentals.