► Why all the recent international news on Ecuador's metals & mining sector?
► Why are major mining companies & investors financially committing to new projects & exploration lands?
Untapped Geological Potential
- Ecuador is located between and shares geology with renowned mining countries of Peru and Colombia, but is only now beginning to establish its own modern mining sector
- Spanning the Pacific coast to the high Andes, Ecuador is rich in natural resources but has been under-explored for metallic minerals - significant discoveries such as Fruta del Norte only date back to 2006, which suggest new discoveries to come
Strong Government Support
- The Government of Ecuador is firmly committed to encouraging foreign investment for economic development and views a modern mining sector as a pillar of long term economic growth - evidenced by significant legal and fiscal reforms in recent years, which have included: elimination of the windfall tax, VAT rebates, reduction in royalty rates, and new allowances for exploration drilling on early exploration permits
- Forward-thinking fiscal policies have included currency conversion to the US dollar (2000), major investments by Chinese entities (since 2000s), formal trade agreement with the European Union (2016)
Modern Infrastructure to Support Growth
- Tax and royalty revenues from oil and gas sector, have been strategically applied and reinvested in modern infrastructure projects throughout Ecuador - government and business leaders recognize the importance of infrastructure in ensuring Ecuador's long term competitiveness in Latin America
- Pacific coastline, proximity to Panama Canal, and modernizing port and highway logistics are significant global advantages
Low Energy Costs
- Ecuador is an oil producer and member of OPEC, with some of the lowest cost domestic diesel and gasoline in the Americas
- Recent investments in hydroelectric power plants provide abundant power supply to most regions at among the lowest electricity costs in the Americas
- Ecuador is an attractive country for metals and mining sector professionals - many Ecuadorians have extensive engineering, construction and operations experience globally, with a significant number having returned to Ecuador on current projects, a trend that is expected to continue
- Vigorous universities and technical colleges continue to train a young and eager workforce - Ecuador's leaders recognize the positive economic multiplier effects of mining and construction development
The Adventus Advantage in Ecuador
Adventus, together with local Ecuadorian partner Salazar Resources, is committed to the advancement of the Curipamba - El Domo project in central Ecuador. In addition, Adventus and Salazar are partners in a country-wide Exploration Alliance which targets new discoveries and greenfield projects - two projects (Pijili and Santiago) in southern Ecuador have been incorporated in the Exploration Alliance to date, with exploration drilling set to begin in 2020.
Adventus is also working with the Nobis Group (Consorcio Nobis) who are renowned in Ecuador for its success, reputation, and leadership across many sectors. The Nobis Group completed an initial investment in Adventus in 2019 as it strives to participate in the growth of the responsible modern mining in Ecuador. In particular, Adventus is working with the Nobis Foundation (Fundación Nobis) on development programs near its exploration and mining project areas.
We recognize our responsibilities to stakeholders of Ecuador and work hard to ensure our reputation as a constructive partner in Ecuador's continuing economic development.